Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Veteran's Day!

Nostalgic greetings!

It has been a long time since I've posted to this blog, but I wanted to take a few minutes to honor our Veterans today by posting a few military cards from my collection. While I don't specifically have Veteran's  Day cards, I do have a few birthday cards and Valentines that were designed for servicemen (and women) that I have purchased in the past few years, and I want to share them today to honor those who have served.

This first birthday card captures lots of experiences a soldier may have encountered.










 



This second card is a popup birthday card.





This adorable Valentine is hand-dated 1944



                    Here's another Valentine featuring a serviceman


 And here's one more military inspired Valentine card...







This birthday card is special, because the message inside is typed and is dated June 16, 1943.



This birthday card is one that keeps unfolding and features some cute illustrations.










I hope you've enjoyed the military cards from my collection. 
Stay nostalgic, and if you get the chance, tell a Veteran thanks for serving. Also, if you can, send a card to someone who is currently serving...it could brighten their day.




Mary


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009