Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving greetings to all!


Nostalgic greetings!

One thing I love about collecting antique greeting cards is witnessing firsthand how people celebrated holidays like birthdays, Valentine's Day, and other holidays. Collecting the cards also often makes me nostalgic, bringing back fond memories from holidays that I celebrated as a child. 

One holiday that definitely says family is Thanksgiving. I have wonderful memories of Thanksgiving, where lots of people crammed into my grandma's small house, enjoying the amazing feast that she prepared. No other meals have ever rivaled those Thansgiving days at grandma's "back in the day".
I am grateful for all of the memories and grateful for all the many blessings that I have today. 

Until recently my collection did not include any Thanksgiving greeting cards. Then, at a recent fall antique show I spotted these two cards. One is an actual Thanksgiving card from Hallmark, and the other is actually a mechanical Valentine ( the spinning wheel spins!) but the subject matter reminds me on Thanksgiving, so I am including it.




I want to send wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving to everyone that reads this blog. Stay nostalgic and stay grateful.

Mary





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009