Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A greeting card birthday!

Nostalgic greetings!

 One reason I enjoy collecting vintage greeting cards so much is because they represent joyful times in people's lives. They commemorate birthdays, holidays, and expressions of love and caring. 

Today I wanted to share a personal story related to greeting cards. Today is my birthday and for the past week and a half, my mother has sent me seventeen (1 or 2 a day) amazing handmade greeting cards, each more special than the next. On many of them, she featured a reproduction of a vintage greeting card related to daughters. They are such a special gift that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Not only was I filled with joy for receiving all the mail, and feeling extra special, I also LOVED the fact that they were related to my vintage greeting card collection. A lot of them contained special extras too. A few even had real vintage greeting cards inside that mother had purchased for me. 

So, today's blog is just to showcase how cool it was to get so many handmade cards in my mailbox AND to show you some of the new cards I received.

Here are some of the amazing vintage inspired cards that my mother made me. Aren't they wonderful?


Here are some of the great vintage cards that my mother gave me, I love them all!


Stay nostalgic and if you have time, send a few cards in the mail. They really can make a difference in someone's day,
A slightly older Mary

1 comments:

vintagerecycling said...

Happy Birthday, Mary! Moms are the BEST <3

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009