Sunday, March 13, 2016

Luck of the Irish to ya!

Nostalgic (and lucky) greetings to you!

Hello! Well, I clearly did not find extra time in February to share more of my amazing valentines, and now it is March and St. Patrick's Day is approaching so I am going to share 2/3 of my collection of St. Patty's Day cards with you. That sounds pretty impressive until I divulge the fact that I only own 3! They seem to be rarer than birthday, Valentine, Easter and Christmas cards so I always buy them when I see them. I honestly don't remember what antiquing quests that I was on when I found these two but I do know that I was thrilled to expand my collection.

I must admit that I am not Irish, do not regularly celebrate the holiday, don't attend any parties or parades to commemorate the day and frankly usually even forget to wear green but I do nevertheless have a connection to the holiday. I have a fondness for green beer. Ironically, I do not like beer (of any color!) and I don't drink it but I did meet my husband at an event that involved green beer 33 years ago so it does hold a special place in my heart, even if I would never take a sip if it were the last beverage on earth. So, since I met the love of my life, I think I can safely say that St. Patrick's Day was a lucky time for me, well, in a way. Well, I must acknowledge that my story loses some of the charm when I share that the beer was LEFTOVER green beer from a St. Patty's Day Party that I never attended but I digress...I still met my husband because of green beer so I'm still saying that it was lucky for me!!

Anyway,  I hope that you enjoy my cards and even more importantly, I hope that you enjoy the luck of the Irish in the days and weeks to come.







Stay nostalgic,
Mary

1 comments:

vintagerecycling said...

adorable! sounds like your hubby lucked out, too!

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009