Monday, December 22, 2014

Nostalgic Christmas Greetings!

Nostalgic Christmas greetings to you!
It was my intention  to post a few cards every day of December, but somehow life got in the way and nothing worked according to plan. I guess that is pretty typical of all of my Decembers. :)
So now, in typical form, I am set on "making up for lost time".

That is a great thing about December. It is a magical time and things always seem to work out just right. I hope that you are having a great December, taking time to enjoy the season, and not putting too much pressure on yourself. I have already received amazing cards in the mail from family and friends this Christmas season, and they all bring great joy.  I hope that looking at my collection of vintage greeting cards will bring you joy!

I will start with 3 cards that were given to me this year as part of my Christmas present from a dear friend.

The first one was actually the tiny card she gave me with my gift . It features a button faced lady with a candle for a hat.


She also gave me a Baby's 1st Christmas card. The yarn ball is flocked.


And this Christmas card to "Our Son in the Service"...one I haven't seen before.

I LOVE getting cards for gifts, but I also love finding them myself at antique fairs. Here are a few that I have found that way.
 

  This one is more modern than many of the ones in my collection, but I like that it stands up and has a 3-D quality.

                                       This one is from Christmas "Comics on parade"


This mechanical card is fun, as the wife bear kicks.

                                           This one was handmarked 1947
                                                 This one is from Hallmark, 1951
 
Both of these cards feature googly eyes.
 
 
Come back and check out the blog again soon...I'll be adding more Christmas cards.
 
 
Stay nostalgic,
Mary


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009