Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Nostalgic Valentine Greetings!


Nostalgic greetings and Happy February!


I love February, because that is a time when I can showcase my valentine collection. I started collecting antique greeting cards a few years ago and at some point, I also began collecting valentines. When I am out antiquing and I see them, I am drawn to them. So, I have decided that while I enjoy collecting antique greeting cards, I have a PASSION for collecting valentines...I'm like a kid in a candy store! Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of history regarding my valentines, but I do hope to conduct more research when I get time. If I had to guess, I'd say that the majority of my valentines range from 1920-1950, but I'm not really sure. Luckily some of them are hand-dated, which gives a bit of a clue. For February, I'm just going to showcase my valentines...no history or anything...just the cards. I have arranged them by some themes though since I have so many. I hope that you enjoy them!

Since Sunday was the Super Bowl, I am beginning with a vintage football valentine.

 
 
Since it is a FRIGID day in Northern Kentucky, I am also sharing a few that reflect the cold weather or winter sports.





 
 
Check in often in February...I'll be posting over 250 valentines before I'm finished. Or better yet, click on the link to subscribe so you get an email each time that I post.
 
Stay nostalgic!
Mary

1 comments:

vintagerecycling said...

great, can't wait to see them all! Happy Valentine's Day, Mary! <3

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009