Monday, February 3, 2014

More Vintage valentines!


Nostalgic greetings! I'm glad you visited my blog today!

I am adding just a few more valentines today, because I am on my lunch hour, and don't have much time. I just have so many valentines, and I couldn't wait to share them! These are all some of my oldest valentines (I suspect they are from the 1930s, but have no real proof). Does anyone know?


This one seems really old but I don't have any history about it. There are little slots near the carriage where something used to be inserted. Maybe a ticket?


Here's another one of the old Valentines that I have collected. This one has special eyes that kind of move, and it can stand up (or used to be able to...it's wobbly at best now). It is also mechanical, so you can position him several different ways.


 This is another mechanical card. Moving it lets the little bear kind of climb up the tree. It had a heart that was attached that would accordion out, but it is in poor condition, and fell apart as I tried to take the photo. I just placed the folded half on the card to snap this photo. This one is actually hand-dated  1936 on the back.




Here is the last one for today. It is hand-dated 1943. 




I've got a lot more valentines to share. I hope you'll stop back in to see more or sign up to get emails when I post more.

Stay nostalgic,
Mary

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009