Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bring on the Vintage Valentines!

Nostalgic greetings to you!

Well,we lived through a snowy, icy January, and now it's time to share some vintage valentines from my collection. Every time we went antiquing in the past few years, I found myself always drawn to the valentines, even though I didn't start out specificially collecting them. I fell in love with a few and "had to have them" and voila! my collection expanded.


Today, I'll share some of my favorite vintage valentines, and I'll continue to share more all month long.

This is my very favorite valentine. I found it antiquing this summer.

I thought it looked fun, so I chose it with several other valentines. Then I got home and...



...my daughter realized it stands up and has dimension, and actually looks like the rows in a theatre. The photo doesn't really do it justice...it is VERY cool. 


Here's another favorite...


My good friend Lisa found this while antiquing. I especially love the sentiment but it also is mechanical and the legs get longer.


It is just a lot of fun!


Another favorite vintage valentine is this one. 



It kind of reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows, Downton Abbey. It says it was given in 1923. It is mechanical and her arm moves.


This pear valentine is unique, and also mechanical.

I also love this mouse from 1943.





This mechanical  card reveals that You Stole My Heart when it is moved and the mouth changes


 Here is my final favorite for today. My friend Lisa bought this one because it reminded her of my daughter when she was young, and she's right... it does, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.








I hope you'll come back this month to see more...this is only the "tip of the iceberg" of my cool vintage valentines.


Stay nostalgic,
Mary


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009