Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentines That Tell a Story


Nostalgic greetings!

I want to post a few more valentines quickly during my break. These are just a few more that I have chosen to share with you today. The thing that ties them together is that they all tell a story of sorts.

Sometimes, there's history in the valentine itself and then there's a separate "story" associated with the message or signature or envelope. This first one folows that theme.



I like the next few cards just because of the signatures on the backs




 This card had an envelope, and while I don't usually save them, I kept this one because it helped tell the story of a grandma who received a card in 1947.



This mechanical card from American Greetings, lets the drum major move his baton. I think it was sent from Norman to his Grandma Rife. 





That's all for today. I'll post more soon. I still have a number of valentines to share, plus some 2 year old cards (because it's the 2nd month). Keep checking in and STAY NOSTALGIC!
Mary


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009