Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vintage Valentines Revisited


Nostalgic greetings!

I wanted to share a few more valentines today. These are more of my favorites. They all feature little girls.


This one is really cute. The filmstrip moves as you turn the dial. I had taken photos of all of the different options and Google pictures took them and created a little animation (who knew Google would do that!) , so I am sharing the link too. 


I loved this one when I first saw it, but I love it even more when it is unfolded.







This one is a little damaged (by the palm tree), but I still love it. It is mechanical.

 This one is similar to the previous one, and has a different look when you open it.


I don't know the age of this next one, but since I've never heard of "washing blue" in my lifetime, I suspect it is pretty old. Note: According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluing_(fabric) , "Bluing, laundry blue, dolly blue or washing blue is a household product used to improve the appearance of textiles, especially white fabrics. Used during laundering, it adds a trace of blue dye (often synthetic ultramarine, sometimes Prussian blue) to the fabric." I'm wary of Wikipedia in some  instances, but don't think they'd lie about washing blue. :)





That's all for today...
Stay warm, safe, and ALWAYS nostalgic,
Mary

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009