Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dolls from the Land of Make Believe


Nostalgic Greetings!

In the next few posts, I have decided to share some of my doll cards. There are several amazing sets of doll cards that came out in the late 1940s. Thanks to Linda McPherson's book Collecting Vintage Children's Greeting Cards (2006), I can share a few facts with you. 


The first set was Hallmark's Dolls From the Land Of Make Believe. There are 16 dolls in the set that came out in 1947. I have 6/16. I'll share those with you in the next few days. It is great to find cards with both the feather and the sequin jewel still attached, and I have been been pretty lucky to find many with both still intact. Each doll card is a cut out of the doll, with a very detailed front and back and a description of the doll inside. 




Little Bo Peep






Cinderella






Mary Had a Little Lamb.


I'll share the other 3 tomorrow and more doll card sets in the next few posts in January!

Stay warm!
Mary

Note: I spent HOURS over the weekend scanning all of my vintage Valentines to be ready for Februar
y...can't wait to share them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009