Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yankee Doodle, Appendixes, and Castor Oil...Oh My.

Nostalgic Greetings, Friends!

I want to share a few more Get Well cards from my collection today. All of these include references that were common in their era, and are rarely (if ever) seen in greeting cards today. I chose this first one, which is from 1941 (from Rust Craft, Boston) because of the patriotic theme, which was often seen during war times. It highlights the Yankee Doodle song.








Have you ever tried to find that perfect card for a friend or relative who was recovering from an appendectomy? If so, this card from 1939 (Gibson Greeting Cards) has you covered.





The third card makes mention of castor oil...something that is rarely talked about today, and certainly not mentioned in a greeting card.







Stay well in 2014 my friends, and keep checking in to see more of my collection.

Mary



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nostalgic Greetings Design by Insight © 2009